- PRAXIS is a youth non-governmental organization in Serres, in North Greece which has activities in YouthPolicy, Media, Migration and Human Rights fields. Founded in 1995 in order to offer a broad spectrum of activities to support the development and empowerment of civil society in Greece. PRAXIS stands for Developing Youth Participation at Local Level, with the purpose of fostering the potential of young people to be active citizens and actors of real social change in their local communities, as well as in their regional and international realities.
- The work of PRAXIS spans a variety of fields including Active Citizenship, Peace and Reconciliation, Volunteerism, Intercultural dialogue. Works to strengthen links between different sectors of the society, such as Civil Society Organisations, international NGOs, decision-makers, and media focusing on digital youth work.
- PRAXIS provides capacity building for young people for personal and social development using non formal education methods. The working methods are primarily based on the active participation and learning of participants promoted through non-formal and informal activities. The main methodological approaches based on: – Creative thinking and art methods – Experiential learning – Cooperation and learning – Outdoor activities and cohesive.
- Works as a cordonator, sending and a hosting EVS/ESC organization since 1998 . Maintains a strong regional and interregional network that allows the realization of internships, seminars and youth projects within the European context. PRAXIS co-operates with the municipal cultural center of Serres, Local University, Municipality of Thessaloniki- KEDITH, UNESCO , UNHCR and other institutions. Is a member of “Anna Linch foundatation” and “National Youth Council.
With our work we try to carry our goals:
- -Competence development of young people and youth practitioners in order to boost employability.
- -Recognition of non formal education, life- long learning and youth work by the society .
- -Improvement of the quality of youth work and youth training
- -Reinforcement of the link between the youth field and the labour market.
- It also owns a non-profit making programme at the radio station and its broadcasts raise several issues that concern young people.
- On the e-magazine “MEDIART”, volunteers write articles, comments & opinions
- Organize, cooperate, and support events and Electronically Campaigns via mass media, radio, & social media on sensitive social issues cooperating with international organization for the “International Days”.
- Youth Information Center of PRAXIS goals Competence development of young people and youth practitioners in orders to boost employability and provides information, opportunities & leisure time activities for young people, using digital equipment.
- PRAXIS organizes activities targeted at Refugees. Creative workshops, we bring together youths in order to share common interests and activities missioning of a better integration of young migrants through developing skills by using innovative and creative tools. As a result, initiative, creativity and motivation will be enhanced both in the direct target – youth workers – and in their final target – migrants – for a Europe more inclusive.
- PRAXIS organise TC that develop the skills of the youth workers in working with migration/ refugees, promoting debates and actions on European citizenship and the universal character of the EU’s core values, such as democracy, the rule of law and human rights and their potential to alleviate the difficulties of migration, through intercultural dialogue, social inclusion and integration of migrants in Europe.
- PRAXIs organise a Training Course “Diverse Youth Identities” , aims to explore Sexual Orientation and Gender Expression/Identity (SOGI) for those unfamiliar with the LGBTI+ collective and those that want to be more inclusive in their practice, provide participants with the necessary competences to include Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity and Expression perspectives in Youth Work.
Apart all these above , PRAXIS has a patent on application for smart mobiles:
- Application for the clean city by active citizens: www.cleanthess.gr
- Application: Games include historical events and monuments of Thessaloniki from Roman times until today. “Thessaloniki City Games” : «Hidden treasures – hidden stories of Thessaloniki» https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.socialmind.ThessalonikiCityWalks&hl=el , Users of “Thessaloniki City Games” are playing interactive city games (or “hidden treasure hunt games”), which are based on riddles and in order to discover the history and the most important monuments of Thessaloniki, through a smart and interactive way.