Crossing Borders- Denmark
Crossing Borders (CB) is a non-profit, non-partisan civil society organisation. The vision of CB is a world in peace with itself in which diversity is celebrated. The mission is to create dialogue space toward such a world and to build the capacity of youth, media workers and educators to realise the above vision. The overall goal is to enable people with different backgrounds to learn to live together on equal terms.
Crossing Borders started as a project in 1999 in Denmark in support of meaningful dialogue between the conflict parties in the Middle East. In response to increased activities and demands for the CB concept and services, it was transformed, in 2004, into a dynamic organisation with activities in Denmark and abroad.
CB activities comprise four programmes
- Global school services for high and primary schools in Denmark with the purpose to bring the world in the school and the school out into the real world.
- Global Højskole for youth leaders from across the globe to learn about the key dimensions of globalisation: diversity, climate change, peace and conflicts, the media, the Gobal Goalsfor sustainable development and social enterpreneurship.
- International projects focusing on youth participation in public and global affairs.
- Volunteer programme as a way of enabling youth to gain real life experience and active citizenship
- Food for Thought Storytelling bi-weekly events
- Teacher conferences on current global issues of concern for educators.
- Publications of educational materials, youth magazine and newsletters
CB’s themes focus on current global issues including climate change, migration, youth participation, and the SDGs as a contribution toward green innovation and eco-enterpreneurship
for sustainable development
Crossing Borders partners
CB has collaborating with parteners who work toward the same goals. These partners comprise
* High schools
* International civil socienty project partners
* Public funding partners
* International Funding partners.
* Business Sector – Social and Green Enterprises
In recognition of its contribution to peace dialogue, Crossing Borders was awarded “an Honourable Mention for the Euro Mediterranean Award for Dialogue between Cultures 2006,
with the theme “Mutual respect among people of different religions or any other belief “by the Anna Lindh Foundation for the Dialogue between Cultures and the Fondazione
CB structure comprises
- International advisory board of 22 eminent personalities
- Executive board of seven members
- Secretariat with director, two International Programme Coordinators, 4 project Coordinators and two communication team and 20 volunteers/interns from all over the world.
Through our social media channels Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn we reach an average of 10,000 people per post. We send monthly a newsletter where the projects we’re working on are described and constantly updated, as well as in our website. Two times per month, we host local events which represent also a space where to talk about what we do on our projects and to engage more people in our activities.